x every day: twohundredeightysix

28 October 2008

twohundredeightysix


I went to the doctor today and decided to be brave: I got all the shots and blood tests recommended. The first, a tetanus and whooping cough booster, wasn't bad at all. It was down in the lab, when they were taking a few vials of blood, the needle slipped out, and I saw my blood on the tech's gloves... And then she called someone else over, who rooted around in the same vein a bit roughly, every jiggle distinct. She couldn't get more blood out of it, so she moved on to my other arm. By that time, I felt nauseous pangs. When she was done, I had to stay for about fifteen minutes to gather my stomach back up and make sure I could stand. My hands were freezing but the rest of my was hot and sweaty. Ugh.


Back at work, a meeting, then I left early for an acupuncture appointment, picking up Erik on the way home. We went to the grocery store briefly, and I made channa masala (chickpeas, spinach, faux chicken) with chapati and brown basmati rice for dinner, then peach-strawberry blender ice cream for dessert. I'm just too tired to work on our costumes; I pulled the paper mache off its forms, and that's it. I have a lot of work to do tomorrow!