x every day: twohundredeightyeight

31 October 2008

twohundredeightyeight


Late. Went to McMenamins for a fun-committee lunch. Ran some errands with Kari and Dan after that. Once the work day was clocked, walked around taking photos of the fall colors. I just barely made it, since there was a sprinkling of rain starting today. At home I fixed dinner (leftover channa masala for Erik, a quesadilla for me) and worked on our costumes. Of course I didn't get everything done that I wanted to, but we spraypainted our blasters (Nerf guns), painted our masks (although Erik doesn't want to wear his so it's blank yellow with no eye-holes or anything), assembled Erik's costume parts, painted the Corelian blood stripes on two strips of black fleece (I will sew them onto his pants in the morning), made my dress, attached the hood, carved a pumpkin, and roasted the seeds. I forgot to get yellow plastic cups for our hands, but it looks like the LEGO part of our costumes might be abandoned for now. That's a small price to pay to see Erik dressed up like Han Solo! If only I could've found the boots.