x every day: onehundrednine

04 May 2008

onehundrednine


The most beautiful morning begins with being able to go back to sleep several times, and then to wake up to a cat trying to head-butt my hand into petting her. I walked to Sweetpea Bakery for the $10 all-you-can-eat vegan brunch: baked tofu benedicts, ham slices, deep fried hash browns, and apple crisp so thoroughly baked that the apples melt into buttery bliss from fork to mouth. I sat in a corner by myself and read and ate and sipped some of the best coffee I've ever tasted. Then I walked home in the warmed spring air, smelling green and smiling at flowers. I took off my glasses and let the uneven sunny blurs guide me home.



Erik and I drove to Nehalem to hang out with his parents a bit. It's Erik's dad's birthday, and they're RVing there for a few days. We sat around in the sun, went for a walk on the beach, then ate dinner in Cannon Beach before driving home.