x every day: twohundredsixty

02 October 2008

twohundredsixty


Mmmp. Oktoberfest at work. Picked up Erik and dropped him off at a coffeeshop to meet a friend and watch the VP debate. I had decided to accompany him instead of go to First Thursday, but the traffic on the way and the frustration of the work day put me into such a bad mood that I went home to be alone. I baked the rest of the snickerdoodle cookie dough and made a savory tart with puff pastry (frozen Pepperidge Farm puff is vegan), a mash of white beans and jarred roasted red peppers (and lemon juice, mustard powder, salt, etc), a layer of spinach, and carmelized onions, garlic, and faux chicken. I threw it in the oven and went immediately to pick Erik up, but some friendly conversation at the cafe delayed us enough that the tart crust was pretty dark. It was still damn tasty, but next time I'm not leaving the house while I have puff in the oven.