x every day: onehundredninetynine

02 August 2008

onehundredninetynine

Woke up at 3:30am and was able to go back to sleep by putting the triathlon out of my mind. Woke up at 4:30 and that trick just set my heart to pounding, so instead I stepped through the race in my mind. I fell asleep again and dreamt that I was at the tri, and I had geared up for the run first, when of course the swim is first. There were also people from highschool I haven't thought about in ages doing the event (Matthew Goode?) and it was somehow religious-tinged. I awoke feeling less stressed because I had finished the event, but of course I had to do it all over again in real life.



It went really well. The swim was tough to the first buoy, maybe a third of the way. After I rounded that big inflated pyramid, I got a great rhythm and I was fine the whole rest of the way. Total time 1 hour, 41 minutes-- 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 5k run. I know, the disparity in measurement bothers me, too.



After dropping Sara at home, we went to Sweet Pea Bakery for a cinnamon roll, a raspberry donut (ye gods!), coffee, and a salt bagel with bacon-scallion creamcheese. Yeah, vegan. Back home I set to watering the front yard, tidying the kitchen, and mixing up oatmeal chocolatechip cookies for Erik. We went to the Retro Gaming Convention, then to IKEA, then the By and By for snacks that turned out to be dinner, then to see Hellboy 2 at the mall. Back home, I baked up a batch of the cookies but Erik passed out on the couch. I'm contemplating a run in the morning. Is there something wrong with me?