x every day: twohundredseventeen

20 August 2008

twohundredseventeen


I mixed a relaxing tea of kava, linden, and catnip. I took my Chinese herbs. I ran three miles (slowly), I tidied up the house and I did two loads of laundry. I went through Japan photos. And now, finally, near midnight I am rewarded with sleepiness.



My own personal hell came true today-- four hours of sitting in a meeting room in order to tape karaoke auditions for a faux "American Idol" during a conference put on by my tiny department.


What I really wanted to write about today was the incredible cloud show. It lasted for most of the day between fleeting rain showers, but the most amazing display I saw was on my drive home. The layers moved so slow, I kept thinking that the sky had reached perfection and frozen into a painting.