x every day: onehundredeightyfive

19 July 2008

onehundredeightyfive


We went to bed at 2:30am and I woke up at 5:31am. The first three hours or so were almost a state of shock-- I felt ready to burst into tears or guffaws, unable to grab onto feelings or opinions. Erik and I walked into town, got coffee, and returned to a few awake people. I hung out while Erik went back into town with a few people to pick up food. After they returned and everyone ate, Josh, Erik and I walked back into town along the beach so that I could get lunch. We also checked out a few shops, including a cute new yarn store. Back at the house, I ate and read in bed, trying to fall asleep. I think I got about ten minutes, but it was refreshing nonetheless. Aspen, Mae, Abby, Dan, Dagan, Erik and I walked into town, walked around, and grabbed some items for dinner. Back at the house, Erik and I went for a run featuring some killer sprints, then we took showers, ate a quick bite, and most of us went down to the beach for the sunset.



This is it. I have to leave the house by 6:30am for the open water swim clinic tomorrow. My insomnia will break, and sleep will flood over me. If I fall asleep within a half hour, I can still get six hours-- not too much to ask, surely.